Oct 28, 2010

I'm offically a KFC girl now.

I got a job from KFC! You would've known if you saw my FB status. *You, Wenni!*

Anyway, so I received a call from the manager, Tony this morning, congratulated me and asked me to attend training session at later evening. I was pretty excited and nervous.

And something came at the wrong time - menstruation. Something to annoy you. -_-

Anyway, so I still went for the training. Discomfort feeling gets stronger gradually. But guess what? I made it through for the 3 1/2 hours training session! I think less cold drinks for the past 4 weeks paid off. Totally cut down would help A LOT.

More of the training details. It was okay. Out of 20 of us, 15 of them are under aged - around 14/ 15 years old. I think that's how KFC save on their labour expenses. Apparently, their wages are lower than us - above 18. Most of them are kinda big size though.

So yeah.. We're given the details of everything - benefits, rules, behaviours, etc. Watched some videos. KFC is owned by Yum!. Pizza Hut, A&W, Taco Bell and Long John Silver's too, FYI. I didn't know that before today, at least.

So well.. I'll be working with under aged colleagues. Guess what? I think it'll be fun. They're quite funny and friendly. The restaurant manager is helpful and has a strong personality, named Kelli. I think she likes me during the interview session. I mean, the way I present and 'sell' myself to them. I think I impressed her and the other 2 managers.

I didn't mention this earlier on. We're recruited for a new store opening in Sorell, nearby the airport. It's opening on 1st of December and apparently is a big deal because in the past 5 years, KFC have not open any new stores in Tassie. The CEO is flying in for the store opening. We saw him on the video. Hahaha. It's gonna to be very busy because it's Christmas month. So she's expecting us to be really good at our job and do well in every aspect from this four weeks training. FYI, this is a paid training.

I haven't mention the payrate because I don't know exactly how much yet. She didn't mentioned but based on some Google - research, it's roughly >$20 per hour. Well, hopefully it is. :)

KFC has a quite good career path if you intend to work further up. Until management team in KFC. She did mentioned about higher level of position after finishing university studies. I think it's probably a good opportunity to work from bottom now. At least I hope it'll be.

Kay. Gotta go oi oi. It's been a tough day. Pain, discomfort, cries. Not to forget the excitement of getting a job. We're suppose to celebrate tonight, but hell no. I'm laying on the couch and typing this. Didn't even have appetite to have dinner.

Night. Tata. ♥

4 stars*:

Deng said...

So how did you sell yourself?

_VeL_ said...

I know that being friendly and always smile are among the needed criteria. So, being a marketing student, love meeting people and being creative in any situation are kinda my thing. Like how am I gonna handle a handful situation when there is. And how I much enjoy working in a team and meeting different people.

And, they continue asking things so I answered them like a normal conversation. It was really like just casual chatting. I really like the interview session la. =)

_VeL_ said...

Oh. Btw, I also told them my previous related experiences. And it's related in the sense that being in a front line staff. So yeah.. =)

WεNиi임 said...

Yer, why point at me only, haha! *NOT FAIR* XD
My FB seriously dying *rolling eyes* Why ah?! D:
Haven't really chat with you these days/weeks, so sorry.
Too many things going on from inside to outside :S
Will catch up with you very soon, after settle down all the messES.

<3 Miss u lots lots!

Deposit Bonus