Nov 14, 2010

Missing my grandparents.

This is not an emo post, FYI. :)

I just miss them all of the sudden. Especially my grandpa and Po Po. Obviously they're not here with us any more, maybe that's why I miss them even more. I miss my grandma too. Called her occasionally to check out how's she doing and what's going on in the family. Both of their laughter always sounded so warm and happy. I eventually cried out when I talked to her and listened to her laughter.

My grandpa was a very cute person, I would say. Especially when he loses most of his teeth as he getting old. He always joked about it.

I miss his old smiling face. Even when he was sick, he always try to have that smile on his face. And.. I really miss him. I forget did I write about this before. When I was young, he always brought me out with his car and asked me to show him the direction. His very old and junk car. He drove extremely slow too. Safety first. That was why I always fell asleep in the car when he sent me home. Saliva dripping all.. :)

It's been 5 months + ever since he left us and rest in peace with Po Po. I know, deep down in everyone of us, we still wish they're here with us and not suffer from any sickness. God took them away for a reason, I suppose. And they left very peacefully. That's what we all wanted. So yeah.. It's an ending we all hope to see.

Speaking of the oldest one, it would be Po Po. She's not actually related to any of us. But she took care of us since we were still a baby until a grown up person. When I was around primary school's age, I always threw tantrum on her and scolded her a lot because.. I think kids just don't like old people to nag. So yeah..

As I grew older, I saw the changes in her life. From walking until she fell, using something like a crutches and till she had to sit on a wheelchair no matter what. She became so old all in a sudden. She was determined to walk after she fell for the first time. But then she fell again, she can't walk anymore.

I know I can't act like how I did before anymore. Actually, she's a pretty easy person to pleased. Since I know how to drive, I brought her out to eat food that she likes and to malls to have some idea how outside looks like already, besides going to hospital and staying at home. Then, I always go home late because I hung out at Wayne's house a lot. So when I called home to tell her that I'm not coming home for dinner, she'll be happy to hear that. See.. She's actually not very hard to communicate with. I always wonder why I acted like a shitty kid last time.

This was CNY in 2006. She couldn't walk anymore. But we all adored her. I remember combing her little white hair and tied a bun for her. She loves it a lot. :)

By the way, she was the first one who knew about Wayne. Wayne came by my house during weekends occasionally and chat with her. Po Po always tell him not to bully me and treat me good. Told him I'm a very stubborn girl, so must tolerate me more. On the other side, she told me that Wayne's a good guy and don't simply let him go. At the time our relationship wasn't able to be publicised, she was the only one who knew. Wayne was really grateful about that.

When she left us, it was an unacceptable fact. She didn't leave us any words. We had to let her go and not able to hear anything from her at all. It happened in a night when we were all sleeping and hospital just called. Since then, she was in a comma. I wonder did she hear us talking to her. I blamed the hospital. On the last day I visited her, she was still talking to me. All in a sudden, she's in a comma. I don't know.. She was our precious.

I still tear when I wrote this. Thank goodness Wayne's not home now.

Anyhow, we still need to move on and appreciate what we have right now. All of them are irreplaceable. Treat your elderly well and be filial. Don't take everything for granted. Even you're far away from home, probably a call home would warm their heart up and it's more than enough. :)

Tata.

0 stars*:

Deposit Bonus