Feb 5, 2011

I'm back..!

No.. Not Malaysia. Still stuck in this island. :) I miss you guys!

So I guess most of you know that we've moved to our new house. It's a bigger house with one bedroom, an opened kitchen, a HUGE living room and a storage room where we threw in most of our boxes and unused stuffs. Again, the living room is really huge. Well, compared to our previous place, yes, it is. You guys can have your nights here! :)

Anyway, we bought some second hand furniture to decorate our place a little. Things like, TV desk, TV, 5 seater coach, dining table and a double bed. Oh, and a huge coffee table in front of our TV. All of our snacks are on it! HAHAHA. Our TV is really heavy! It's not plasma because Wayne likes the type that he can watch from any angle. LOL. So yeah..

Entrance.

Empty lounge.

The messy progress.

Nice and done. We repositioned it. :)
The couch colour is so old that kinda match this old built house. -_-
That corner is our studies stuffs, with our books and all. Just so fitting with our rack and table.

Spacious kitchen.
He wants to start baking cakes and all now. All about food.

Our room, with en suite. It has a built in wardrobe too. :)
I don't like the toilet, so I'm not showing it here.
Nah.. Kidding.

I still don't like it. It's so dim and I really miss the bright yellow one.

One thing, the house is really COLD. Whenever I came home, I'll shiver for a bit. Not good. We try not to on the heater too much, save on electricity bill. So I'll wear a thick jacket instead and wrap myself in the blanket when we sit at the couch. He doesn't feel cold really.

By the way, new tenants on the top unit has moved in. And we can actually heard the noise they made. Moving furniture and walking heavily. We really didn't expect this at all. But it leaves us no choice now. We have a year lease now. They probably can hear us too when we were watching TV. -__- Really hate that.

By the way, no more sea side walking track and sea view anymore. Lots of slope in this area and only view we have is bushes. -__- Walk out a bit then can see Mount Wellington lah. Sigh.. I miss my old home. Only thing about that house is too small. If only it's bigger. Haih.

So yeah.. This will be our new home for a year. Come visit us soon kay! :)

5 stars*:

Deng said...

Ask Wayne to learn how to insulate the house, so heat doesn't run out. You learn too.

1. How to improve our efforts to winterise our drafty old apartment
- Open windows in the day to allow passive heating, then covering them at night for insulation.
- Baking helps with keeping the place warm! ^^

2. 18 things a new homeowner should do immediately to save money

3. Save Substantial Energy with Small Household Changes

4. Top 10 Better Ways to Stay Warm This Winter

5. Consume ginger, pepper, chilli, or whatever that will keep you warm. Steamboat!!!


Grrr. I'm so jealous! To me, you're living the life! I must visit soon and keep you guys warm with my baked goods!

Deng said...

Plus, Cheap, Money-Saving Winterizing Moves Worth the Hassle

_VeL_ said...

The house is actually insulated liao. We can see from the maintenance room in the house. Got those cotton (don't know what's that called) layer. But don't know why still cold lah. Wrapping myself in a blanket also adequate to keep myself warm la. Most of the time, my hands are freezing. So I'm wearing gloves nowadays. ._.

Anyway, thanks for all these advices and tips! Thanks for taking the time to search these for us. You're always so sweet in these. <3

Quickly come visit la. Hwey wants to visit NZ eh. We look forward for you guys to come ah. :)

Deng said...

Vel Vel ah.. I really really want to come wan lo. But cannot take leave yet. And no money saved for the trip yet.

Still trying to figure out when we should visit you. July and Summer right? Cause that's when you guys got break. Anyhow, am looking out for cheap airfare and saving money ^^ Miss you.

_VeL_ said...

Actually, the month of November and December are the warmest. Most of the days are 20c or more max. So it'll be nicer to go out with this kind of weather, rather than wrapping ourselves with coat.

Never mind la. Take your time to save and plan. Hopefully I'll still be here for the following years with him.

I miss you too. <3

Deposit Bonus